Wednesday, September 30, 2009

All is well, Trust God

I did not sleep last night. I napped off and on and in about three more hours I will have been up for almost 24 hours. Sleep is needed so me being up all night is not good. Many people interpret being up all night as if you are making things happen and some times that is true, but most people are doing nothing. I’ve come to see that people use the statement, “I’m busy” as if it’s a statement that places you in the category of the elite and dignitaries of our society. So, by me being someone most consider relatively busy I could have said I was up all day because I’m just making it happen, but I wasn’t. Although I want to say I’m not a worrier, it’s the cares of this life and me constantly attempting to figure out ways to solve all problems, that keeps me up at night. When I got up in the middle of the night I instantly thought of the scripture, You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You.” (Isaiah 26:3)

What makes me still not trust God? I have been saved 22 years! I say that I trust Him. I wholeheartedly believe I trust Him. But if I stay up all night trying to figure things out when God never fails me and always makes things go perfectly despite what I see or thought, there is definitely something I need God to remove so that I can trust Him. And unfortunately I know I am not alone. Today, I purpose to trust God. That sounds so elementary but if we are honest with ourselves we’ll find our trust in God needs some help. Wouldn’t it be awesome to never worry or waver in your faith in God no matter what life brought your way? Can you imagine losing all your money, home, family forsakes you and you never once are afraid or fret because you are fully persuaded you can trust God?

Today do not let this be something you say because it sounds right. The next time I say I trust God it will be because I trust God. I hate going through so many changes and facing disappointments but once I truly trust God these situations will be nothing. Disappointed?! That’s impossible, I trust God! Lack!? That’s impossible, I trust God. He is my exceedingly, great reward! (Genesis 15:1) Jesus said it best, “…In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) All is well, trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment