Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Dollar Bill


“Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!” Job 6:8

The Dollar Bill

Money is the answer to everything
Is that what your bible said?
But is it truly the answer
To this confusion in my head
Can it really calm the sorrows?
I have carried for so long
Can it give me a vision for my tomorrow?
When I am weak, can it make me strong?

Can it fill my days of loneliness?
Can it dry all my tears?
Will it make me pure and humble?
Will it take away my fears?

Then I had to reread the message
Written by the Lord
Then I realized money answers everything
Things I desire, in this world, to afford

It does not make me who I am
Or who I desire to be
It cannot open eyes and ears
Or set captive souls free

It cannot change my status with God
Only with earthly vain man
It cannot interpret who I am
Or exhibit the strength I can

So many of us get caught up
In what wealth is all about
It is needed to build in this world
But in the heavens it’s useless, no doubt

The word says lay up your treasures in heaven
Where it cannot be destroyed
Then I realized when I haven’t any money
My strength is not null and void

My character is still priceless
My zeal is powerful and strong
My love for others is rare and needed
Jesus paid my price, so I’m free to press on

My obedience gives me favor
Even when I’m penniless I never lack
Because I am a friend to He who controls time
Without a dime, time lost I can purchase back

So when others try and tell me
I am nothing without their wealth
I don’t argue, get discouraged or fight
With all my vigor and good health

I simply keep on doing what I’m doing
Which is my Father’s will
And I will never place my worth
On the world’s dollar bill

© 2009 Meena International Presents "He's A Keeper"

1 comment: