Friday, April 12, 2013

Soldier: Who has enlisted you?



I had a late start this morning! I did not leave for the gym until 5am! My daughter teased me a few days ago because it was 10 in the morning and I had alluded it was late in the day. But I benefit most if I go early mornings and exercise. And I know that exercise is important. God's word even says, "For bodily exercise profits a little..." (I Timothy 4:8) Then God's word continues saying, "...but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of life that now is and of that which is to come." (I Timothy 4:8) I am like everyone else. I exercise because it has been proven that exercising and being in health prolongs your life, and I desire to live long. But why would I do something that God said profits a little in this life, yet neglect the exercise of knowing and reading His word which profits much in this life and promises eternal life? If I gave most people a choice and asked "Do you want to learn how to live healthy forever or just a few years?" Most would look at me like I was asking an idiotic question, yet the masses choose death every day! How do I know? Because God Himself posed that question. He said, "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." (Deuteronomy 30:19). So, I know people choose death more than life everyday. Knowing God can teach not just you, but also your descendants how to obtain eternal life, yet we still avoid studying His word! Statistics show 35 percent of those professing Christ have NEVER read the Bible EVER and a staggering majority of Christians only read the Bible during that hour at church. And knowing what I know most so-called pastors, not true pastors, preach from one verse, but that's an entirely different blog coming to you REAL soon! But I digress, and I shared those statistics to let you know how well I know, it's not the world but "US" the saints of God that choose death and rarely or never exercise spiritually. 

We entangle ourselves with the cares of this life everyday in an attempt to prolong our life. We eat organic. We use hand sanitizer. Now we even use a soap mechanism that dispenses soap automatically so we will not get the germs left on the antibacterial soap jar...whew. We are doing it 'BIG' to live long in this world and God says that profits us little. Wow. We are relentless soldiers for this temporal life thus we need to get our priorities in order and be soldier ready for eternity! Everything you are putting before God is secondary. He has called you and you have been enlisted into His army to be ready for this war we are daily fighting. What war? The war of life and death, good and evil. We are fighting for our land which is the Kingdom of God! Who's side are you on? Read your bibles! Put on your whole armor soldier, because you are in a fight! The word says, "No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier." (2Timothy 2:4) You're fighting hard soldier to live long here! You're following all the world's rules to live but have consistently rejected God's exercise and rule book. So, you must ask yourself who has enlisted you soldier? I pray it's the Lord and that you pick up God's written instructions and fight to win and live! 

No comments:

Post a Comment